The ICC Website is changing. As this transition is made, our new format can be found at www.pesicc.org/ICCWP. Please send any comments or questions to email@example.com.
ICC Certificates of Appreciation were presented to the following:
IEEE/PES Certificates of Appreciation were presented to the following:
2014 PES Technical Council Young Professionals Award
Michael Mueller, Vice-Chairman of Subcommittee C Cable Systems, received the 2014 PES Technical Council Young Professionals Award with the following citation: “For contributions to and leadership of the Cable Systems Subcommittee of the Insulated Conductors Committee”. This award recognizes the contributions of young members of PES. PES Young Professionals are PES members who have received their first professional degree within the last ten years.
2014 Technical Committee Distinguished Service Award
Each Technical Committee is encouraged to select one individual to for this award for outstanding service to the committee. This personal recognition acknowledges the efforts of an individual whose sustained performance, over many years, has contributed to the advancement of the committee technology.
Joe Zimnoch received the 2014 Technical Committee Distinguished Service Award with the following citation: “For leadership in developing, implementing, and providing guidance and education to the utility industry for high-voltage pipe-type cable systems, and for the widespread implementation of laminated paper polypropylene insulation”.
· Newark College of Engineering (New Jersey Institute of Technology)
· Bachelor of Science Electrical Engineering (Class of 1954)
· Master of Science Electrical Engineering (1958)
· He was employed by The Okonite Company from 1954 to May 1995, where he was involved with all types of 5 kV to 500 kV impregnated paper and laminated paper polypropylene insulated cables such as high-pressure pipe-type, self-contained liquid-filled, low-pressure gas-filled, and solid-type PILC.
· His overall duties included project engineering and the direction of Okonite engineering staff handling high-voltage cable system projects. He had direct responsibilty for such projects not only in the United States but also overseas in countries such as Korea, Saudi Arabia, Chile and Yugoslavia.
· He retired from The Okonite Company on May 31, 1995 after 41 years of service.
· He is now an independent self-employed consultant specializing in high-voltage cables and accessories.
· Member of National Association of Corrosion Engineers (NACE)
· Life Member of IEEE
· Member of Power and Energy Society (PES)
· Senior (Voting) Member of Insulated Conductors Committee (ICC)
· Vice-Chair of Working Group C04 for IEEE 1425-2001 - Guide for the Evaluation of the Remaining Life of Impregnated Paper-Insulated Transmission Cable Systems
· Expert reviewer for the 1992 and 2001 editions of the Electric Power Research Insititue (EPRI) Underground Transmission Systems Reference Book
· Accelerated Cable Ageing Tests for Distribution and Transmission Cables Part 1 – High Voltage AC Paper Cables at the Fall 2011 Educational Program in Denver
· Extended Testing of a 345 kV LPP Pipe-Type Cable for Engineering Information at the Spring 1992 Subcommittee No. 7 Cable Systems meeting in Victoria
· Extended Testing of a 230 kV LPP Pipe-Type Cable for Engineering Information at the Fall 1992 Subcommittee No. 7 Cable Systems meeting at St. Pete Beach