The following guidelines concerning commercialism will be enforced at all ICC meetings. Guidelines are listed along with their source.
IEEE Policies and Procedures
- Unduly commercial material should be avoided
- Commercial material requiring careful attention, for example, are “company profiles” and/or “industrial biographies”
IEEE/PES Technical Council
- Discourage commercial activities (sales of equipment or services) immediately prior to, during and through the completion of Technical Committee meetings.
- Special events where all are invited, such as field trips, factory tours, displays and demonstrations, or tutorials may be scheduled with prior approval of Administrative Subcommittee.
Insulated Conductors Committee
- No commercial displays, including signs, posters, etc. Should be displayed on the meeting premises for commercial advertising purposes.
- Large group-oriented product presentations or displays of commercial equipment are not allowed.
- Overt commercialism is not allowed in technical presentations.
- Company name and/or logo should be limited to first slide/page of technical presentation or handout.
- Subcommittee/Working Group Chairmen are responsible for enforcement of policy.
The linked quiz/presentation was given at the Fall 2010 Meeting, to help make these points more clear as they relate to preparing presentations. Everyone, presenters especially, are encouraged to review this presentation.