The ICC Website is changing. As this transition is made, our new format
can be found at www.pesicc.org/ICCWP.
Please send any comments or questions to
Latest ICC News & Announcements
- December 24, 1998 - Joint ICC/CIGRE Colloquim to be Held at
the Fall 1999 Meeting
- Chairman Rick Hartlein announced today that there will be a joint colloquim sponsored by ICC and CIGRE
Study Committee 21 at the Don CeSar on Sunday October 31st (the opening day of the Fall 1999 ICC Meeting). This special
session will provide a unique opportunity for ICC members to meet and interact with the
CIGRE committee which is responsible for all aspects of HV Cables. Mark your calendar so
you won't forget.
- December 23, 1998 - WG 10-43 Posts Draft on Failure Analysis
- Tom Black, Chairman of Working Group 10-43, just posted draft 3 of IEEE P1511, Guide
for Investigating and Analyzing Power Cable, Joint, and Termination Failures on Systems
Rated 5 kV Through 46 kV on the ICC Download
Site. He's looking for feedback, so get a handful of Christmas cookies and download
the Guide. Remember, you'll need the UserName and Password to log into the ICC Download
page. These were announced at the last two meetings. Can't remember? Contact Tom Black or your Subcommittee Chair.
- December 21, 1998 - More Details on ICC Sponsored Sessions at
1999 T&D Conference
- The 1999 T&D Conference is fast approaching. The ICC is sponsoring 10 Technical
Sessions. Details of many of those
sessions have now been released. This show is something you'll not want to miss.
- December 11, 1998 - Looking for Something?
- IEEE has installed a new search engine
which can be a great asset if you can remember a name or a key word but can't find it on
the ICC Web. Be aware that you'll search the entire IEEE Web, so
narrow your search as much as possible to make sure that the 'hits' are relevant. Its fast
and its convenient. Try it.
- December 8, 1998 - Are You a Member of the IEEE Standards
- The ICC recently received a printout from IEEE which lists our members who are also
members of the IEEE Standards Association. Membership in
the IEEE-SA ensures that you'll have the opportunity to vote on standards of interest and
ensures that ICC expertise is well represented during the balloting process.
Check your status!
- December 8, 1998 - Planning a Presentation for Spring 1999?
- If you are planning to make a presentation in one of the Subcommittee sessions at the
Spring 1999 meeting in Charlotte, it's not too early to start thinking about the impact of
our new format on your slides. The rooms are large and people may be far away from the
screen. So, make your slides crisp and not too busy and don't forget to adhere to the ICC
policies on commercialism. The Spring
'99 Meeting Page will soon include details on the presentation hardware and software
that will be available.
- December 7, 1998 - Don't Forget
- The dealine for submitting items to the Subcommittee Chairmen for inclusion in the Fall
1998 meeting minutes is fast approaching.
- November 28, 1998 - IEEE 400-3 Input Due Soon
- WG 12-51 Chairman
Matthew Mashikian issued a reminder to group members that draft sections of IEEE 400-3 are
due the middle of December. Dr Mashikian has posted the outline of the document as
presented at the St Pete meeting to help you get started.
- November 19, 1998 - Chairman Announces Mini-Expo for ICC
- Chairman Rick Hartlein announced today that the Spring 1999 ICC meeting in Charlotte
will feature a mini-expo for
services and products related to the scope of the ICC. It will be a great opportunity for
companies and users. Start making your plans!
- November 6, 1998 - Its Not Too Early
- The Spring 1999 ICC meeting in Charlotte may seem like a long way off, but its not too
early to make your hotel reservations. Our meeting is the same weekend as NASCAR's
All-Star race, The Winston, held at the Charlotte
Motor Speedway. There will be 112,000 Dale Earnhardt fans at that race and they all
need hotel rooms. Call the Charlotte
Hilton Hotel and Towers early.
- October 29, 1998 - New ICC Meeting Format Well Received
- The just completed Fall 1998 meeting was attended by 436 cable engineers from around the
world. The ICC took a large step into the future with a fresh meeting format. There were a
few bugs, but there were many more success stories. Chairman Rick Hartlein would like to
get your feedback on the format changes. Contact him at email@example.com By the way, in case you weren't
there, the Florida weather was spectacular!
- October 21, 1998 - Special Presentations Announced
for the Transnational Luncheon
- Harry Orton has announced a number of Special
Presentation to be given during the Transnational Luncheon. Be sure and sign-up for
this event at the registration desk.
- October 20, 1998 - Final Agenda for Cable
Construction and Design Presentations
- John Tanaka, Chairman of the Cable Construction and Design Subcommittee, has also
posted the final agenda for that group's Special
- September 30, 1998 - Special Presentations Announced
for the Accessories Subcommittee
- Subcommittee Co-Chairman Dave Bogden released the titles of six more Accessories
related presentations to be made at the Fall 1998 meeting.
- September 28, 1998 - A Special
Special Presentation Announced
- Subcommittee Chairmen continue to post additional special
presentations to be given in their sessions but they are going to have a hard time
topping a presentation scheduled for the Cable Construction and Design Subcomittee. John
Tanaka has announced that Al Gilbert and Frank Precopio (GE- retired), inventors
of XLPE will address the SC on Tuesday the 27th. They promise to tell us the When,
Where and How of this development which has been so critical in our industry. You
don't want to miss this one.
- September 15, 1998 - New Working Group Formed
- Roland Watkins annonced that a new Working Group will meet for the first time in
St Pete. The WG will focus on Matching
Overhead Lines with Underground Cables. Roland also announced that one Technical Session at the 1999 T&D Conference will be
devoted to this topic.
- September 15, 1998 - More Special Presentations
- As we get closer to the Fall meeting, Subcommittee Chairmen are announcing more special
presentations to be given in their sessions. Check back frequently for updates.
- September 11, 1998 - ICC Website Relocates
- You may have noticed a new URL for the ICC Website. We have moved to the IEEE
Entity Web Hosting server. Its a server which is dedicated to web pages for Societies and
Committees. A prime benefit to ICC is that Kent Brown will be able to post changes to the
ICC Web without having to wait on the IEEE staff. This should mean faster and more
frequent updates to the ICC web. So, update your bookmark and check in more often.
- August 25, 1998 - Fall Didactic Details Announced
- Vice-Chairman Mike Walker has released preliminary details on the Fall 1998 Didactic. The topic will be
Utility Quality Assurance.
- August 24, 1998 - Fall Meeting Details Announced
- Chairman Rick Hartlein released a detailed schedule for the Fall 1998
meeting. There are many changes from the old format, so check out the schedule as you
plan your trip.
- August 21, 1998 - Chairman Extends Invitation for the
- Chairman Rick Hartlein recently released an invitation to cable engineers to
join him at the Fall 1998 ICC meeting in St Petersburg Beach, FL, October 25th-28th. The
letter includes links to info on the new structure of ICC. Make your plans to register early.
- August 20, 1998 - The 1999 T&D Conference is Fast
- Chairman of the Special Purpose Cables Subcommittee, Ken Bow, reminds
ICC members that its not too early to start making plans to attend 1999 T&D Conference
(April 11-16) in New Orleans. See
his announcement for details and links to more information on housing, registartion
- August 12 1998 - Special Presentations at Fall
- There will be many changes to the format of the ICC meetings starting this fall.
Most Special Presentations will be given in one of the four subcommittee meetings. We've
special page listing those presentations so you don't have to surf through all of the
- July 15, 1998 - Biographical Sketches of Speakers for
the Fall '98 Educational Program
- Harry Orton recently released short biographical sketches for Dr. George Anders and Dr Mohamed
Chaaban, our speakers for the Fall 1998 Educational Progarm on Advanced Topics in Rating of
Electric Power Cables.
- July 6, 1998 - Ampacity Educational Program Details
- Harry Orton has posted the outline for the Fall 1998
Educational Program entitled Advanced Topics in Rating of Electric Power Cables.
You'll not want to miss this session!
- June 15, 1998 - ICC Member John Carlson Dies
- We have learned that John Carlson, ICC member from Black and Veatch, died
suddenly of a heart attack late last week. John was a member of SC 6 and SC 9. Our
sympathies are extended to his friends and family.
- June 11, 1998 - WG 14-7 Posts Draft Guide
- John Brady, Chairman of WG 14-7 announced today that a draft of an IEEE Guide
for the Determination of Ampacity Derating Factors for Typical Station Installations has
been posted on the ICC
- June 10, 1998 - Have Access to a Digital Camera?
- Kent W. Brown, ICC Webmaster, is looking for a member with a digital camera who
would be willing to bring it to the St Pete meeting and take some shots for use on our
website. If you have a camera and would like to help, contact Kent at firstname.lastname@example.org
- May 19, 1998 - ICC Web Redesign in Progress
- We have a new look! The ICC Web has been redesigned to make it easier to read and
to provide a cleaner, sharper image. We aren't done yet but we are making progress. If
you'd like to tell us what you think about the new layout, contact Kent W. Brown at email@example.com
- May 18, 1998 - IEEE 1406 to be Published
- Shan Nandi, SC 2 Chairman, announced that IEEE P-1406, draft 9 Guide to the use of Gas-in-Fluid Analysis for Electric Power Cable
Systems was approved on April 30th. It will be published as IEEE 1406.
Congratulations to WG 5-28.
- May 15, 1998 - Another Posting on the Download Page
- WG 6-24 Chairman Steve Szaniszlo announced that a copy of draft IEEE
Guide on Properties of Identifiable Jackets for Underground Power Cables and Ducts
had been placed on the ICC
- May 4, 1998 - Fall 1998 Educational Program and Didactic
- Shayne Wright announced that the Fall 1998 Educational Program will be on Cable
Ampacity and that the Didactic session will cover Utility Quality Assurance.
Details are being worked out and speakers arranged. Be sure to check the Fall 1998 meeting page for details
as they become available.
- April 27, 1998 - ICC Reorganization
- At the Spring 1998 Meeting in Toronto, Chairman Rick Hartlein announced a series
of changes in the ICC and in its meeting format. The changes are intended to make us more
efficient and take us into the 21st century. If you weren't there or just need a
refresher, check out the Chairman's
letter and the tentative schedule.
- April 8, 1998 - 330 Attend Toronto Meeting
- Chairman Rick Hartlein announced that about 330 cable engineers from around the
world attended the three-day Spring 1998 ICC meeting in Toronto. Thanks to our hosts from
the Toronto Hydro-Electric Commission for making our stay pleasant.
- April 2, 1998 - The ICC Download Page is Up and Running
- Distributing your draft documents to your Working Group or to the entire ICC has
never been easier. We just created a password protected ICC Download
site where we can post our draft material, enabling a wider review than has been possible
without the expense and hassle of 'snail mail'. You'll need a Username and Password, which
you can get from your WG or SC Chairman. If you'd like to get something posted e-mail it
to Kent W. Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org
- March 11, 1998 - Special Presentations at the Spring 1998
- Still haven't decided which metings to attend? Then you'll want to check
out the Special Presentations in SC-10, SC-3 and WG 3-57.
- March 5, 1998 - Update on the Spring 1998 Educational
- Shayne Wright announced today that Mathew Olearczyk
of EPRI will also be conducting the fault locating portion of the program. Shayne also
announced that Douglas Craig of Richards Manufacturing will conduct a session on network
equipment operations and maintenance. The Spring Educational Program
looks to be a good one, be sure and plan to attend.
- February 27, 1998 - Have a New Product to Show Off?
- The ICC is providing an opportunity for vendors to display their new
products at the Toronto meeting. If you'd like to get some exposure for your lastest
wares, you need to let us know quickly. The form and the guidelines are right
here on the web.
- February 26, 1998 - Detailed Schedule Released for the
- As you prepare for the Toronto meeting, be sure and check out the
detailed agendas for the Sunday/Monday
and Tuesday/Wednesday activities.
Check back as the meeting approaches to learn of last minute changes.
- February 24, 1998 - Reduced Costs for Tours During the
- Meeting attendees will notice that the cost shown for the tours is
different in the letter from Marjorie Hartlein than in the registration form. The LOWER
costs shown on the registration form are the correct costs. The original costs were
higher, but the ICC subsequently worked out a means to provide the tours at the lower
costs shown on the registration sheet.
- February 23, 1998 - General Session Speaker Announced
- The ICC is privileged to have Mr. John N. Brooks, Chief Executive
Officer of Toronto Hydro speak at
the General Session on Monday morning. Mr. Brooks will provide some insight on the changes
we are seeing in our industry so PLAN TO ATTEND THE GENERAL MEETING to hear Mr. Brooks and
for important information related to ICC activities
- February 18, 1998 - Register Early for the Toronto
- Register early for the Spring 1998 meeting in Toronto. Print out the form from the Spring 1998 page,
fill it in and mail it with your check to Vice-Chairman Mike Walker. Avoid the
registration lines and save money, too.
- February 13, 1998 - Business Casual Attire for the
- Chairman, Rick Hartlein, reminds everyone that dress for the Spring 98
Meeting is Business Casual. That includes all activities from the Sunday Evening Reception
to the Wednesday afternoon Educational Program and Didactic. More casual dress (no coat
and no tie) is an increasing trend in the business world (at least in the United States).
ICC certainly wants to be a part of the latest trend! (Of course, coats and ties are
perfectly acceptable for those who can't seem to shake the habit.)
- January 23, 1998 - Update on the Spring 1998 Educational
- The details of the Spring
Educational Program are coming together. Several more of the speakers have been
announced and we've added short biographical sketches of each.
- January 20, 1998 - Discount Travel Options Announced for
the Spring ICC Meeting
- We have been able to obtain special rates for both air travel
and rental cars in conjunction with the 1998 Spring ICC Meeting.
- January 18, 1998 - Spouses Program Details for the
- The 1998 Spring ICC Meeting will feature an active Spouses Program with city
tours, museum visits and a trip to Niagara Falls. Be sure to check out the details in
Marjorie Hartlein's letter.
- January 13, 1998 - The New Toronto Hydro-Electric
Commission to Host Spring ICC Meeting
- The 1998 Spring ICC Meeting will be hosted by the newly formed Toronto
Hydro-Electric Commission. ICC is thankful for their valuable assistance. Learn more about
our host utility by visiting their Website at http://www.torontohydro.com/
- January 12, 1998 - Spring Meeting Agendas Are Due
- The 1998 Spring ICC Meeting is fast approaching. Subcommittee and Working
Group Chairmen need to finalize their agendas and get them to Kent Brown at email@example.com for posting here on the ICC Web.
- January 6, 1998 - Spring 1998 Educational Program
- Chairman Rick Hartlein that the Wednesday afternoon Educational Program
will consist of two sessions. The first is entitled, Polymer Science for Cable
Engineers and will be taught by Haridoss Sarma of AT Plastics. The program
will be geared toward new cable engineers who need to learn the meaning of terms like low
density, high molecular weight and cross-linked polyethylene. The second session is
entitled, Distribution Network Operations. This session will be
coordinated by Shayne Wright of Houston Lighting & Power and will cover Manhole Fires,
Fault Locating on Network Circuits, Maintenance and Problem Mitigation Techniques. Plan
now to attend and check the Spring
1998 meeting page for details as they develop.
- January 2, 1998 - Spring 1998 Meeting in Toronto, April
- The Spring 1998
ICC in Toronto is fast approaching. There will be another strong Educational
Program on Wednesday afternoon and a number of exciting spouse activities to accompany the
technical activities of your Subcommittees and Working Groups. The official meeting notice
will be mailed out by the end of February but we will post the information here on the ICC
Web as soon as activities are confirmed. Continue to check back here for last minute
schedule changes and plan now to attend the Monday morning Kickoff/Penary Session where
you can learn about special presentations at various SC and WG meetings.
- December 15, 1997 - New Subcommitee Chairmen Announced
- Vice Chairman Rick Hartlein announced changes in the leadership of
several Subcommittee. In Subcommittee 2,
Shantanu Nandi will be taking over for Gary Polhill, in SC-3, John Cooper will be taking over for Larry
Kelly, in SC-7, Shayne Wright will replace
Fred Koch and in SC-13,
Harry Orton will take over from Ralph Samm. The changes are necessary as the result of
pending retirements or changing job commitments. Each of these new Chairmen have very
large shoes to fill. They'll need your continued support to be successful.
- December 5, 1997 - Refund Checks to Go Out Soon
- Vice Chairman Rick Hartlein announced that those who requested a refund
for Gala Tickets, should expect to receive a check shortly. These will be mailed out
within the next week.
- December 5, 1997 - Have You Stopped Laughing Yet?
- If you weren't at St. Pete for the Fall 1997 meeting then you missed a
great address by Dr. Lowell Catlett. He made us think about the role that cable engineers
play in shaping the future. The main ballroom reverberated with laughter throughout his
talk. Several have asked about contacting Dr. Catlett to speak at other meetings. He can
be reached through Convention Connection at (310) 459-0159.
- December 1, 1997 - Its Almost 1998. ICC Officers Will
Change on January 1st
- On January 1st, when we begin our second 50 years, we'll also welcome our
new officers, Rick Hartlein, who moves
up from Vice-Chairman/Secretary to Chairman, and Mike Walker, who will now assume the
duties of Vice-Chairman/Secretary. Our thanks go to Matt Mashikian for his leadership during
these past two years.
- November 14, 1997 - Changes Coming to the IEEE Standards
- Don't forget, due to changes in the IEEE Standards Balloting Process, if
you want to vote on standards and guides you have to join the IEEE Standards
Association. If you are concerned about this change and wish to express your
opinion, please contact IEEE headquarters. The ICC does not establish these policies.
- November 5, 1997 - 480 Cable Engineers Attend Fall 1997
- Vice Chairman Rick Hartlein announced the final registration figures from
the Fall 1997 ICC Meeting. Four hundred eighty engineers from all over the world met
for three and a half days. Slightly over 400 attended the ICC's 50th Anniversary
Celebration of Tuesday evening. Thanks to all who helped make this one of the best ICC
- November 3, 1997 - Charlie Von Hermann Named Recipient of
the ICC Distinguished Service Award
- Past ICC Chairman Ted Balaska announced that Charlie Von Hermann had been
named the recipient of the ICC's Distinguished
Service Award in recognition of his many years of meritorious service to the ICC and
to the cable industry. Our congratulations go out to Charlie!
- October 30, 1997 - ICC Website Relocates - New URL
- We've moved! The ICC Website is still on the IEEE server but is now located
in the Power Engineering Society directory. If you used your old bookmark to get here, you
should update our address so that you will load faster in the future. Our new URL is
- October 21, 1997 - Some Last Minute Remiders for the Fall
- ICC Vice Chairman Rick Hartlein has some last minute reminders for your trip to
- 1. There is a $5 daily parking charge at the Don CeSar for
people who are not staying at the Don CeSar. Also, parking at the Don CeSar is limited,
and there is no place to park near the Don CeSar. Therefore, a shuttle bus will be run
between the Don CeSar and the Tradewinds early in the morning and in the late afternoon as
- 2. The meeting is business casual except for the Tuesday evening
50th Anniversary dinner which is 'coat-and-tie' (tux is optional).
- 3. The GALA reception at the Don Cesar is now planned for the
5th floor instead of the pool area.
- 4. In a change to the schedule for the Kickoff and
Plenary Session on Monday morning, Bruce Bernsein will speak on behalf of Clive Reed,
Chairman of CIGRE Study Committee 15
- October 20, 1997 - WG 10-43 Agenda for Fall 1997 Meeting
- WG Chairman Tom Black announced the agenda for the 10-43 (Investigation of Power
Cable, Joint and Termination Failures) meeting on Nov. 4th in St. Pete.
- October 16, 1997 - WG 5-25 Agenda for Fall 1997 Meeting
- WG Chairman John Densley announced the agenda for the 5-25 (Performance of Extruded
Dielectrics) meeting on Nov. 3rd in St. Pete. Several special presentations are
featured. You won't want to miss this one.
- October 15, 1997 - Detailed Agenda Announced for the Kickoff
and Plenary Session
- ICC Vice-Chairman released a detailed agenda for the Monday
morning Kickoff and Plenary Session. The Session will feature some business, the
announcement of awards, remarks by invited guests and an address by our keynote speaker.
The Kickoff and Plenary Session is part of the new look of ICC. Don't miss it!
- October 7, 1997 - Fall 1997 Didactic Panelists Announced
- Subcommittee 12 Chairman, Nagu Srinivas, announced the names of the panelists for
the Fall 1997 Didactic on Utility
Practices of Field Testing of Medium and High Voltage Cables.
- September 19, 1997 - Volunteers Needed in St. Pete
- The ICC is looking for volunteers to help with on-site
registration at St. Pete. We need help for Sunday afternoon and Monday and Tuesday
mornings. Even if you only have an hour or two to spare, you can be of great assistance.
- September 18, 1997 - What's New on the ICC Web?
- It can be difficult to know what has changed on the ICC Web without a lot of
surfing, so we've added a What's New on the ICC Web page where
we post links to major additions and changes.
- September 15, 1997 - Spring 1997 ICC Awards Posted
- At the Spring 1997 ICC meeting in Scottsdale, AZ, several members were recognized
for their contributions to Standards and Guides, John Tanaka was recognized for his
distinguished service and John Cooper was recognized for having been made a Fellow of the
IEEE. See the Awards
and Recognition page for details. Congratulations to each recipient!.
- September 11, 1997 - Abstracts of ICC Sponsored Technical
- The ICC sponsors numerous papers which are subsequently printed in one of the
three PES Transactions. Thanks to the PES, you can view the abstracts of these papers on-line.
- September 9, 1997 - ICC Surveys are On-Line
- Thanks to the IEEE Electronic Communications Staff, your responses to ICC Surveys can be submitted over the Internet. Be
sure to visit this area from often and voice your opinion.
- September 3, 1997 - Chairman Mashikian Announces Fall
- ICC Chairman Matthew Mashikian recently extended an invitation to ICC members and
friends to attend our 50th Anniversary Meeting November 2-5th. Check out the Fall 1997 Page to see the
- August 27, 1997 - Subcommittee 11 Meetings in St Pete
- Subcommittee 11 Chairman David Bogden announced today that SC-11 will jointly
meet with WG 11-23 and WG 11-28 at the Fall 1997 ICC meeting in St. Petersburg, FL. A
special presentation will be given on the removal of cables which are stuck in ducts.
Check the SC 11 Homepage for details.
- August 26, 1997 - The ICC in Berlin
- ICC Vice-Chair Rick Hartlein recently attended the 1997 IEEE Summer PES Meeting
in Berlin, Germany. The ICC sponsored five panel sessions at that meeting. See his preliminary report on the panel sessions for more details.
- August 18, 1997 - The Don is On-Line
- The ICC returns to the Don Cesar in St Petersburg Beach, FL for its 50th
Anniversary Celebration. Visit the Don
on-line as you plan your trip.
- July 24, 1997 - Fall Didactic
- Greg Mastoras announced that the Didactic session at the Fall 1997 ICC meeting
will be on Cable Testing in the Field - Utility Practices. Starting with
this meeting, the Didactic will be held on Wednesday afternoon. Make plans now to attend.
Check back here for more details as they become available.
- July 22, 1997 - ICC Orientation
- Past ICC Chairman Lauri Hiivala has been conducting orientation sessions at
recent ICC meetings to help our guests and new members get a solid understanding of how
our organization works. We've posted a
copy of the Orientation Session overheads to introduce you to the ICC.
- July 22, 1997 - Preliminary Agenda for the Fall 1997
- Chairman Matt Mashikian released a preliminary agenda for the Fall
1997 ICC Meeting/Celebration.
- July 21, 1997 - On-to-100 Committee
- As we approach our 50th anniversary, some of your fellow ICC members are already
thinking about the next 50 years. Vice-Chairman Rick Hartlein recently released the minutes of the
inaugural On-to-100 Committee meeting which was held in Scottsdale, AZ. Visit this
page for a glimpse of our future.
- July 7, 1997 - ICC Celebration Sponsors Update
- Lauri Hiivala released an updated list of companies who have signed on as
sponsors of the ICC's 50th Anniversary Celebration set for November 2-5, 1997. To find
out how you can join this growing list, check out the Sponsorship page.
- July 1, 1997 - Take the Survey!!
- Don't forget to periodically check the to see the latest ICC Surveys. Right now Subcommittee 11 is
looking for your feedback on the need for a manhole guide.
- June 30, 1997 - Fall Meeting Agendas Are Due
- The 1997 Fall ICC Meeting is fast approaching. Subcommittee and Working Group
Chairmen need to finalize their agendas and get them to Kent Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org for posting here on the ICC Web.
- May 15, 1997 - Improve communications with an IEEE e-mail
- If your e-mail address has more letters than an EPR formula, then you need an IEEE alias. Its free,
easy, and only takes about 5 minutes to request.
- May 9, 1997 - First group of sponsors announced
- Vice-Chairman Rick Hartlein released the first list of companies who have signed on as
sponsors of the ICC's 50th Anniversary Celebration set for November 2-5, 1997. To find
out how you can join this growing list, check out the Sponsorship page.
- April 23, 1997 - 101st ICC Meeting
- The Spring 1997 meeting in Scottsdale, AZ ended today. A total of 324 cable
engineers from all over the world attended the four day event.
- April 22, 1997 - New Meeting Format
- Chairman Mashikian announced in the Spring 1997 Business meeting in Scottsdale,
AZ that the format of ICC meeting will change. The new format will first appear at the
Fall 1997 meeting in St. Petersberg, FL. The Adcomm meeting will move to Sunday afternoon.
Monday morning will feature New Member Orientation and Working Group Chairmen meetings at
7 am, followed by a Kickoff and Preview session from 8-9 am. The Awards and Recognition
meeting will be held from 9-10:30 and will include an address by Dr. Lowell Catlett.
Dr. Catlett, a noted futurist from the University of New Mexico, has tentatively entitled
his presentation, Future Worlds, Future Minds. Working Group meetings will begin at
10:30 and and continue through 3:30 pm on Tuesday. Subcommittee meetings will start at
3:45 pm on Tuesday and wrap-up at noon on Wednesday. Wednesday afternoon will be reserved
for an expanded educational program, which takes the place of the old Sunday afternoon
Didactic. This schedule is TENTATIVE, so check back here for more news and be sure to
visit the Fall 1997 page.
- April 22, 1997 - ICC 50th Anniversary Meeting Sponsorships
- Lauri Hiivala announced that sponsorship opportunities still exist for companies
wishing to help the ICC celebrate its 50th
anniversary November 2-5, 1997 at the Don CeSar Beach Resort in St. Petersburg, FL. To
learn more about how your company can help support of this special celebration, visit the Sponsorship page.
- April 22, 1997 - New ICC Officers
- Chairman Mashikian announced that Mike Walker is the ICC Vice Chair/Treasurer
elect. Mashikian also noted that ICC now has two Assistant Secretary positions. The first
is responsible for Membership. It has been filled by Wes Spencer. The second, will be
known as the Recording Secretary. It has been filled by Jim Medek.
Website - What's New 1998
As of September 1998, "batch" updates to the IEEE server are
no longer made. We now have access to update pages daily, so the format of the What's New
page is changing.
ICC Web Update No. 41
ICC Web Update No. 40
ICC Web Update No. 39
ICC Web Update No. 38
ICC Web Update No. 37
ICC Web Update No. 36
ICC Web Update No. 35
ICC Web Update No. 34
ICC Web Update No. 33
ICC Web Update No. 32
ICC Web Update No. 31
ICC Web Update No. 30
- Updated the ICC News page.
- Updated the Homepage to reflect
the change in Officers. Also, per your request, you can now resize the two frames on the
ICC Homepage. Just move your mouse over the dividing frame, click your left mouse button,
drag the frame to the desired position and "drop it".
- Updated the Spring 1998
page to add info regarding the Educational Program.
- Updated the Organization
page to reflect the new Officers. Also updated the biographical sketches of Rick Hartlein and Mike Walker to reflect their new
- Added minutes for SC-7 for Spring 1997, Fall 1995, Spring 1995, Fall 1994, Spring 1994 and Fall 1993.
- Added minutes for WG 7-5 for Spring 1995, Fall 1994, Fall 1993 and Spring 1993.
- Added minutes for WG 7-35 for Fall 1994 and Fall 1993.
- Added minutes for WG 7-40 for Fall 1995,
Fall 1993 and
- Added minutes for WG 7-41 for Spring 1995, Fall 1994, Fall 1993 and Spring 1993.
ICC Web Update No. 29
ICC Web Update No. 28
Return to the Main Announcements page
Privacy & Opting Out of Cookies
Terms & Conditions
IEEE ICC PES & Design is a registered trademark of
The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, Inc.